As you know our safety boat coverage is currently limited, to comply with social distancing rules, therefore we are only operating a single manned safety boat service on selected dates by using the Blue safety boat…… Until further COVID restrictions are lifted to allow 2-man safety boat duties to resume.
Only members that have completed all of the following criteria may use the Blue safety boat:
• Theory course
• Practical course
• Familiarisation course
The SB duty dates are posted to the club booking system and this is open to any authorised volunteer, however this booking is now password protected to ensure only those members authorised to carry out SB Duties using the Blue safety boat can complete their booking.
You will receive a separate password to access the booking system and complete your “a single manned safety boat duty” ticket if you have been authorised.
If, however you are able to comply with COVID restrictions (within your household bubble) and operate as a 2-man safety boat crew and helm, our preferred Safety boat is the Rigiflex TSSC2 and 10hp engine.
Our Bosuns have also asked that all Safety Boat operators follow the procedures when on duty:
• Run all engines dry of fuel, before returning to storage.
• Complete the engine running time log, located in the Robinson Building.
• Ensure that all equipment is returned to where it came from….Tidily!
• Secure all Engines and trollies to floor eyelets correctly (see signage)
• Double check that all equipment has been returned from the waterside.
• All keys are returned to Key cupboard NB the robinson Key is no longer located in a Key box but is available in the key cupboard.
Recent New members….. Welcome to the club, as you know part of your membership includes taking turn on safety boat duty and a list of future training dates will be posted to the website as soon as confirmed. Please make every effort to attend a course and become a member of the safety boat pool of qualified members.