Welcome to the National Cheer Chat and Message Board
Return to Website

Open Chat & Rant Board

Open Chat & Rant Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cheer music mixer

I need a good program to make routine music, does anyone know of any?

Thank you!

Re: Cheer music mixer

Yes, it is called Cheer Music Solutions! Fast, great quality and awesome to deal with. I have made music before and trust me, it is WAY easier to have someone do it. Not to mention, in most cases a PRO job sounds far better. I have tried a few different providers over the past few years and CMS is by far the best!

Alright, I'll try that out. I was just looking to mix my own music for a routine to save some mone since its only a school team whose just getting started. We need to save as much money as possible considering there isnt a large budget to work with.

But thank you for your help!

If you divide it over a 30 person team its only like $20 per kid. Really not that expensive...

I use adobe audition. I also use a program called atomix virtual dj to adjust the speed of the music. I know adobe audition has a free trial version, but you only have 1 month to cut your music.

Don't do it yourself. Its not worth the stress. Get your team out for a quick easy fundraiser and then just order it.

Its for a school team and we already have alot of fundraising to do so i'd rather just put it together myself.

I use a program called Acoustica. I downloaded it online a couple of seasons ago for around $20 and I find it really easy to use. It only uses MP3 files so you may have to convert other audio files to use in the program but other than that I have had no issues with it for mixing routine music. Good Luck!

Here is a super easy to learn FREE one:
Audacity:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Every editing program is roughly the same. Once you get over the initial learning phase, it is great to be able to do your own editing. Face it, most cheer teams don't require 'professional' mixing, over tracking and complex beat matching. Most of us are content to simply cut in clips of pre made cheer style music. This program is quick and painless.

Be careful with Audacity's free download. I used it to mix an entire routine(several hours of work)but when I finished and burned it, I was shocked to hear the Audacity "promo" voice over, claiming that I was using a demo of Audacity and if I wanted to learn more blah blah blah...
I couldn't get rid of it. Audacity really isn't that expensive and it is easy to use once you get the hang of it. If you have the time and patience, go for it. I do school cheer as well and completely understand the financial limitations (a lot comes from my own pocket) but honestly, it is so much easier and faster to find someone who knows what they are doing. Good luck!Cheers!