Return to Website

Open Chat & Rant Board

Open Chat & Rant Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CE Worlds Bids

liiiiiiiiiiiiiiike...pythons?? i guess they did fly in from calgary............ pity bid?

well maybe flying in and a proposal at the end??? or when the owners teams are competing and they are standing right behind the judges as their teams compete. Not saying their teams didn't deserve their bids BUT perception is everything in this business but then again I'm talking about 3 men who will do anything to make a buck! Just seeing the little amount of vendors tells it all. If they don't own them they dont' come! Very inconsistent this weekend from music to scores to bids. We need more choices!!!!

Sadly a lot of these comments are right. They had 12 bids to award, doesn't mean they had to GIVE them out like candy. I am unsure how a couple of teams got bids. I mean maybe they include 'potential' when giving bids? I just know from hearing comments yesterday that a lot of people were confused with some of the bids. On the vendor front, sadly that is what you get with a privately owned company. They have their own rules and obviously pick and choose who they want. So Procheer is the only uniform supplier, Fierce Bows is the only Bow supplier and so on. Either way, you can't get mad about it because they are privately owned. The only other choice around here is the OCF and they certainly can't put on the show Cheer Evolution does. All in all it was a fun weekend with a great finish...Awesome Proposal BTW!

Can someone tell us who won the 12 bids?

I can tell you who didnt get bids...
CCH, Niagara All-stars and Supercheer

and Hawks

List of Bids given out-
Partial Paid Bids
UCC IOC 5
PCT IOC 5
CSS IOAG 5
At Large Bids
CFWP IOAG 5
CFWP IOAG 6
CFWP IOC 6
PCT IOAG 6
PCT IOC 6
Black Widow IOAG 5
PCC IOC 6
UCC Limited 5
CSS IOAG 6

I *think* that is everyone who got a bid..it was a longgggg day yesterday and I'm currently exhausted.. so I may have made a mistake somewhere on that list

What i would like to know is what World's competition these judge's were at.. seeing some of the scoring i am completely baffled. Maybe i am the only one but i saw some major discrepencies in the scoring... with that being said i have to also say great job to most of the bid earning teams, very excited to see the results at world's and Good Luck.. but to the other teams that i won't single out, get back to the gym getting a bid without running close to clean in either of your two runs does not make you world's calibre... But Good Luck in any case.

The world's judges judges at the IASF/USASF World's last year, some of them for the past couple years.

Can you please explain why a team from Calgary who were on the same level as the 4 teams who didn't get bids or actually not even on the same level received a bid to this competition? Can you also explain why one of the owners was in the judges area actually standing right behind the judges while judging their own team? Can you also explain why the judges sheets were different for one division to another? I'm sure that would help clear some things up.

I can't respond to the first two questions -yes I know they are for Ian. But the scoresheet issue is thus: the scoresheets used, were the scoresheets you will be judged on at WORLDS. The scoresheets at Worlds DIFFER in each division. These scoresheets have been posted since NOVEMBER and if you intended on going to Worlds, you/your coach should have know this a LONG time ago.

I hope you would email me directly to discuss any concerns you have. I have no affiiliation/preference/interest in any of the teams or clubs that competed this past weekend, which is why I'm responsible for the judging.

If you felt someone was at the judging table that shouldn't have been, please email me directly to discuss as I was at the table the entire weekend.

If you feel a team shouldn't have been given a bid, I'm sorry, but the World's Panel Judges, who's opinion in this matter I hold above any anonymous poster on here, stands.

hey what do you think about getting a bid and then making a team out of different athletes recruited from other gyms to take to worlds??

technically - you can't do it because of the new registration and participation rules but I don't doubt that lots of clubs find a way to cheat. Who is on today's shit list??

i think "hmmm" is refering to Flyers All starz who got their 3rd bid this past weekend. Due to the fact that that team had not originally planned to go to worlds,there were a select few crossovers from the other 2 worlds teams.
Since no crossovers are allowed at worlds these few girls have to be replaced by other girls in the gym.
If you read the USASF rules:
A Maximum of 10 substitutions will be allowed per team for The Cheerleading Worlds Championship
A substitute must be a regular paid participant from another team at the same gym and must have competed “on the floor” with that team from that gym at the same event where the bid was awarded. All substitutes must meet the same eligibility requirements as the original team that was awarded a bid (i.e. age, etc.).
Of the 10 possible substitutes, one to three of those 10 may be alternates. Alternates are registered members of the same team’s gym where the bid was received.

So Flyers are not breaking any rules by replacing those crossovers with other athletes.
It was a last minute decision, that worked out pretty well for them.

There are a lot of rumors going around that there are a lot more than just 10 being replaced.... There are at least 15 that have to be replaced. So technicially, aren't they breaking the rules?

Well "technically" isn't the last post based on rumour anyhow? Weird I know, but rumours aren't always reality. Maybe we get some facts next time before trying to drag a gym through the mud?

Hmmm sounds like an in town rivalry thing here. My suggestion to person #2: gather exact 'evidence' including names of the so called substitutes then cross reference it to the event registration list at each of the events that they were or were not 'on the floor' at. Then, when you are satisfied that you are accurate and factually exact in your details, present it to the USASF rules committee. Do all of this in time for them to review the data and re-verify it back through the registration and eligibility lists from each of the events in question and do it in time for them to make a ruling and act upon it before the Worlds.
Hmmmm. Sounds like a hard one.
Which brings me back to my original statement that there are probably teams that cheat the system.

It's the recruiting of athletes from OTHER gyms to fill the team.

I agree. But PROVE it. Not to a chat board (although you would be surprised at who reads this thing), but to the real event officials. get to work.

Rumour is false , they added 10 new people to the team ... That's it :) without naming any names there are some who are bitter because they didn't earn a bid . Instead of spending your time complaining on this board why don't you get your butt in the gym and work harder so you can get your bid next year. And also, I thought I should mention that they most definately did not use athletes from other gyms.

I read and heard a rumour that Niagara All-Stars received a bid to Worlds this year...does anyone know if that's true?

Watching them at Provincials, I certainly hope not...

After not getting one of CE provincials they came to a Quebec competition to try and get one there. But no they did not succeed.

Thank god...

I also heard they are opening a second gym in Niagara Falls?

thats been on their website all year they don't have the numbers to keep the one gym going not sure how they have enough to open another.

does anyone know if theres a video of niagara allstars "worlds" team this year anywhere??
i can only find the year the they went to worlds on youtube

Niagara All Stars coaches do not know what they are doing!! As a parent of an ex Niagara All Star, I am disgusted at the lack of knowledge from this organization. I would highly recommend doing your research when finding a cheer club. Just because you are certified on paper, that doesn't mean you know what you are doing!! Stop copying routines and be original!