Return to Website

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)

Welcome everyone! Feel free to start a new topic or to say anything that comes to your mind. Don't be shy!

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sports jerseys wholesale from china Rookie kicker

"I knew I could fight through adversity," Serna said. "(This season) just solidified that I could fight through it."

His resiliency has been tested since his first game for Oregon State in 2004. Serna missed three converts two in regulation and one in overtime - in a 22-21 loss to Louisiana State.

His bad beginning made headlines across the U.S., but he came back the next season and won the Lou Groza Award that recognizes the best placekicker in U.S. college football.

"I definitely look back at those times and I use those as help for this season," he said.

The support of his teammates and head coach Doug Berry has also helped him weather his roller-coaster ride.

"It's unfortunate that fans want to boo him and make it even more difficult and have a bad energy in the stadium when he's about to kick a field goal,sports jerseys wholesale from china, but it's not anything that Alexis is worried about or anybody on the team is worried about," said Bombers longtime holder Jamie Stoddard.

"He's going to be fine."

While Serna hit the uprights a few times Thursday as ice pellets rained down, Berry said that was OK and he has confidence his young kicker can handle swirling winds or any conditions.

"He's certainly learned how to play the winds in Winnipeg," Berry said. "They're very difficult, but unless you have an opportunity to practise in them all the time,mlb jerseys sale, you really have no idea how challenging they can be."

He also believes Serna will be mentally ready for his first playoff game,sports jerseys wholesale.

"I think Alexis has experienced a lot of burden this year in terms of adversity," Berry said. "We always talk about how collected (Edmonton's) Ricky Ray is as a quarterback, and I can say the same thing for Alexis Serna as a kicker.

"There's not a lot that's going to happen to get underneath his skin."

Notes: Bombers slotback Milt Stegall has guaranteed a win, but only if the 29,discount nhl apparel,533-seat stadium sells out. If it does, one fan is going to win his game-worn jersey and gloves. The ticket count was about 26,nhl china jersey,000 on Thursday.

相关的主题文章: