Return to Website

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)

Welcome everyone! Feel free to start a new topic or to say anything that comes to your mind. Don't be shy!

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Do you let anyone push your chair?

Pushing a chair isn't very difficult but it depends on the conditions. When there is snow on the ground it becomes difficult and almost impossible if it's deep. It can also be trying when youre in a crowded place because people don't always notice you down so low.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thank you for your answer! Is it sometimes difficult to push yourself? Or is it easier than walking? I never sit a wheelchair, so I just would like to know ... I just can't imagine how it is.

Replying to:

I prefer to push myself unless I'm stuck in snow or there's a massive hill. I really don't like it when someone pushes me when I really don't need it. I feel it can be an invasion of personal space if it is not needed. But that's just my opinion and others may not agree with me

Replying to:

Hey Lisa, do you always push your everyday chair yourself? I know wheelchair users who want to be pushed by someone else all the time - and there are those who don't let anyone touch the chair.