Return to Website

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)

Welcome everyone! Feel free to start a new topic or to say anything that comes to your mind. Don't be shy!

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: No Subject

I am considered an incomplete quadriplegic. All cases are different, so I may have different abilities than another person with an injury at the C5 level on the spinal cord. I regained a lot of function after the first year. I can now move my arms and I have almost complete use of my hands. I do have feeling and movement in my legs, but the muscles are very weak and I obviously can't use them to walk. I do not have trunk control and abs, or the use of my smooth muscles. Because of the severity of my initial injury, I cann't sweat and I can go into something called Hyper Dysflexia ( high blood pressure that can lead to stroke). Hope that answers everything.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

has your disability changed at all. have you ben able to do more or less since it all began. have you gained or lost any feeling anywhere. or found spots you can or cannot feel or move any more.

sorry if I seem kind of personal. I am writing a paper on paralysis and I found your web site doing a search on google.com

Matt