Return to Website

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)

Welcome everyone! Feel free to start a new topic or to say anything that comes to your mind. Don't be shy!

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: racing

I totally have to agree with Lisa on this one!! I've been racing for 2 1/2 yrs and my life could not be much better

If you have your mind set on somthing go for it.

The sky is limit!!

Stef

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi there. Thanks for posting your question. If you are thinking about trying out wheelchair racing, I strongly recommend it. It's a great way to stay in shape even if you do not want to compete. The best way to start racing is to find someone who has an old racing chair that would suit you. This way you don't have to fork out $4000 for a chair you may rarely use. If you get a used chair, start pushing as often as you can, maybe find someone who will be willing to coach you, and maybe add in other workouts like weights. Then if you really want to pursue racing, order a custom built chair. It will make a HUGE diffrence, and some clubs would consider helping out with the expense (ie. Kinsmen, Lions..). What you do from there is up to you!

Lisa

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi,

I stumbled upon your website today while I was looking at the OX site and I have a few questions. Like you, I aquired my disablilty when I was a teen, I am now 23 and I have been disabled for 8 yrs. I have considered racing but I just don't know where to go or what is involved. I presently scuba dive, horseback ride and I have tried my hand at basketball, however I couldn't shoot a basket on two legs much less on wheels.(although in a non-competitive arena it is a great time)

If there is any info that you can share I would very much appreiciate it.

One other thing, I personnally find it disapointing how little attention that the paraolympics recieve on the world stage. I saw the ticket prices for the upcoming games in Salt lake and I think that if only people new how high caliber of athletes that are competing that the audiences would grow dramatically.