Return to Website

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)

Welcome everyone! Feel free to start a new topic or to say anything that comes to your mind. Don't be shy!

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: your disability

I am considered an incomplete quadriplegic. All cases are different, so I may have different abilities than another person with an injury at the C5 level on the spinal cord. I regained a lot of function after the first year. I can now move my arms and I have almost complete use of my hands. I do have feeling and movement in my legs, but the muscles are very weak and I obviously can't use them to walk. I do not have trunk control and abs, or the use of my smooth muscles. Because of the severity of my initial injury, I cann't sweat and I can go into something called Hyper Dysflexia ( high blood pressure that can lead to stroke). Hope that answers everything.

Lisa

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Lisa! Can you explain me please how your disability affects you physical? Which parts of your body can you feel and move and which not?

Re: Re: your disability

Hi! Lisa, what kind of wheelchair are you using for everyday and what kind for racing? Which are the manufactures? How many wheelchairs are you using? MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Re: Re: Re: your disability

Well, I use a chair made by Hall for my everday chair. And for racing, I was supposed to be sponsored by OX (a Japanese company) but they have since changed their mind. But I am still using their racing chair. I have also used Top End for racing and it worked very well as well.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi! Lisa, what kind of wheelchair are you using for everyday and what kind for racing? Which are the manufactures? How many wheelchairs are you using? MERRY CHRISTMAS!!