Return to Website

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)

Welcome everyone! Feel free to start a new topic or to say anything that comes to your mind. Don't be shy!

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Racing Questions

Hi everyone. Use this thread to discuss wheelchair racing or to ask questions. I will answer your questions personally or anyone else can feel free to join in.

Re: Racing Questions

i want to know if all the strong that the wheelchair racers is made with the hands only or also with arms and shoulders becouse i read some quads that only can move their hands and they race. thanks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi everyone. Use this thread to discuss wheelchair racing or to ask questions. I will answer your questions personally or anyone else can feel free to join in.

Re: Re: Racing Questions

Well, in wheelchair racing they have this classification system that makes it pretty fair. Quads race against quads and paras & amputees race in the open classification. It's a little more detailed than that but it's kind of hard to explain. So it works out that you are grouped with people that are competitive with you and it's a pretty good system. To be a good racer you don't need to be extremely muscular. It helps, but it also depends on your hand speed, your endurance/acceleration, even your body weight.....the list goes on. Some of the fastest guys have pretty weak muscles so technique plays a big part in your success. Hope that helps you out.

Replying to:

i want to know if all the strong that the wheelchair racers is made with the hands only or also with arms and shoulders becouse i read some quads that only can move their hands and they race. thanks

Replying to:

Re: Re: Racing Questions

yes. it is pretty great to have a olimpic champion soo close , and been able to ask all sort of things. thanks

Replying to:

Replying to: