Return to Website

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)

Welcome everyone! Feel free to start a new topic or to say anything that comes to your mind. Don't be shy!

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A few questions if you don't mind

Hello Lisa

First let me say that your site is great and I wish you well in Austrailia. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to answer some questions ? What are the other athletes like who you race with ? I've heard that the atmosphere at some meets can be rather unpleasant, I suppose because of the heavy competition. What kind of speed can you achieve in the chair that you use and typically how heavy are they ? You said in a previous post that the way that you reduce weight while racing is by not wearing shoes which is ingenious. I can see how that would reduce some weight but don't you have to be careful that your feet don't shake lose or were you told that that was the normal thing to do ? Was the subject broached when you started racing or did you just do it naturally. It would be a strange thing to bring up.

Finally, what other ways and techniques do you use to give yourself an edge on the track ? (if it's not giving any secrets away ?)

thank you for indulging me. I hope I wasn't do nosey with my questions

kind rgds

Tom

Re: A few questions if you don't mind

Hey there,
Thanks for the post and for the questions. I will try to answer them as best as I can.
1)The athletes that I race against are all female athletes with about the same amount of function i.e. disability.
2)I've never noticed the atmosphere to be unpleasant. Aside from when we are at the line waiting for the gun, we are very friendly towards each other.
3)On a flat track I can reach up to about 25 km/hr. The chairs roughly weigh 20 pounds.
4)Most people kneel on their knees and don't have to worry about their feet shaking loose. I've actually never experienced a problem from not wearing shoes.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello Lisa

First let me say that your site is great and I wish you well in Austrailia. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to answer some questions ? What are the other athletes like who you race with ? I've heard that the atmosphere at some meets can be rather unpleasant, I suppose because of the heavy competition. What kind of speed can you achieve in the chair that you use and typically how heavy are they ? You said in a previous post that the way that you reduce weight while racing is by not wearing shoes which is ingenious. I can see how that would reduce some weight but don't you have to be careful that your feet don't shake lose or were you told that that was the normal thing to do ? Was the subject broached when you started racing or did you just do it naturally. It would be a strange thing to bring up.

Finally, what other ways and techniques do you use to give yourself an edge on the track ? (if it's not giving any secrets away ?)

thank you for indulging me. I hope I wasn't do nosey with my questions

kind rgds

Tom