Return to Website

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)

Welcome everyone! Feel free to start a new topic or to say anything that comes to your mind. Don't be shy!

Lisa's General Forum (Froggy's Realm)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Racing - Wheels and Drafting

Hi Aaron,
Thanks for the post and the questions. I'll try to answer them as best as I can....

1) Yep, we use the exact same tri-spoke carbon fibre wheels that bikes have, but most of the guys actually use solid disk wheels. I find the disks too heavy and would blow me around in a heavy wind since I'm such a lightweight, hehe, so I stick with the tri-spokes. Other ways we reduce the weight is by not wearing shoes! I found that somewhat amusing when I started but that's pretty much the norm.

2)Drafting is a vital technique that is used in anything longer than 400 meters. Often in a race there will be one large pack drafting together and in the last few hundred meters everyone will make a break for the lead. It gets quite dangerous when you have so many people so close together, and it's not unusual for a crash to occur.

3) Yes, I have had the opportunity to meet Louise Savage on a few occasions. I found her very quiet but very powerful when she hits the track.

Hope I've answered all of your questions, I'm glad to see people take an interest in our sport. Tata for now.

Lisa