Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TOOL MAKING in the eyes of different personnel!

TOOL MAKING in the eyes of different personnel!:
(This scenario would probably suit to a large manufacturing plant where Tooling/Mold making is operated as one of the many departments. And remember these comments - lighter side of tool making! - are based purely on my personal experience!)

1. Tool Designer - The most tedious and stressful job and yet no one appreciates.

2. Tool Maker – The most difficult job in the entire manufacturing field and an easy target for blame.

3. Development Technician (who does the mold trials) - The Tool Maker is always suspicious on my testing results and others think that I am not ‘screening’ the tools before it’s handed over to volume Production.

4. Molding Production Engineer – The most easiest job and yet not done (always) properly to run the injection machine uninterruptedly.

5. QA Engineer – This department causes the maximum loss and wastage for the entire company. They do not understand the fundamentals of geometrical tolerance or cosmetic requirements and only know how to ‘trick’ the QA personnel.

6. Product Designer - This department is the fussiest among all and always asks silly questions.

7. Purchasing Executive – These people have no planning at all for their job; they do not know what’s the forecast for the month or for the year. And yet force us to treat their purchase requests always as ‘Urgent’.

8. CEO – These people always recommend to invest on expensive machine and people; yet unable to produce good results in terms of quality, cost and lead-time. The ROI again is a question mark and ‘they’ are the least contributor to overall sales. They should learn more from QA department on what’s quality all about.

Re: TOOL MAKING in the eyes of different personnel!

Absolutely, positively, with out a doubt the best thing I have read in a while. What a perfect and completely accurate way to describe a majority of work enviroments

CONGRATULATIONS,
you real knows what are you talking about !
Only a person involved in mold making could explain so clear all the stages , as you did !!

This description will help me a lot , during unpleasant meetings, I normally have, trying to
explain exactly what you, smoothly and easily, have explained here.

Thank you very much !!!

Regards
Luis Bernard.

hi