Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: whats the future of mold building going to bring?

Forecast; Year 2025
All plastic products are being mass produced using a simalar process to stereolithography. Molds are no longer needed, they'er to slow. FYI steel products are also being produced the same way.

Yeah, right.

Can you say.....get a clue!

I have seen a many 64 cavity molds run at 7-9 seconds. I will admit there is a good place for STL or fused deposition, but not to replace injection molding. What about Protomold? They have been know to build and run a mold 4 hours from the PO.

Tom R.

Tom R.

I have been in the tooling/plastic industry since 1972 and seen a lot of new developments. NC, CNC, SLA, and so on. If some one in the 70's would have told us that we would be making prototype parts using a laser we would have told them to get a clue as well.

It is all economy factor that determine the future has nothing to do with any special skills!