Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ejector Sleeve

Hello, I am a high school student looking for some info on different mold base components. My first one is the ejector sleeve. If anyone has a quick definition and some uses that would be great. As always thanks in advance.

Re: Ejector Sleeve

Brock,
This may be a little hard to visualize but we'll give it a try. A ejector sleeve is a ejector pin with a hole in the middle which allows another pin to fit inside(a pin within a pin) the ejector sleeve lets say is .250 dia and the hole in the middle is(off the top of my head).156 dia. the sleeve is held in the ejector pin retainer plate the same way a regular ejector pin would be. there needs to be a hole thru your pin back-up plate, right underneath the sleeve, which will allow a longer core pin thats (.156 dia) located in your back clamp plate of the ejector box and held in place with a small retainer plate or by some other means. so what you have is a .156 dia pin that is stationary and when the ejection is cycled the sleeve will travel over the core pin, pushing the part off the stationary core pin. sleeves are used often to make the holes that screws will thread into holding various components in place in automobiles. If you have ever installed car audio components in your car you will see alot of these behind your dashboard. If this doesnt help let me know and I'll try and send you some pictures