Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Turnkey Molds

We are a Tier 1 supplier of automotive sensors. We are looking for a supplier of turnkey injection molds. Potential suppliers should have the capability to build the mold, sample it (most of our molds are insert molds running in vertical presses), perform a dimensional layout of the molded parts and then tweak the mold to correct dimensions. When the mold is received in house it should be ready to run PPAP capable parts. Anyone have any leads?

Re: Turnkey Molds

Mark, we are a mold making facility on the West coast. I would be interested in looking at any of your upcoming projects.
You can email me directly at highdeserttool@yahoo.com and I would be more than happy to talk with you about our capabilities, etc.

Hi Mark,
We are representing a couple mold makers from
Israel and Eastern Europe who are currently
working with US customers. Let me know if you
are interesting to quote mold for your product.
Our goals quality,cost,timing!

Johnson Precision Inc., is an ISO 9001 company, located in Amherst, NH, where we design and build molds, provide plastic injection molding, microscopic tig welding, and vertical & wire EDM services, etc. I would like to invite you to visit our facilities and meet our staff, so that you might better understand our capabilities to be of assistance to you and your organization. Or if it is more convenient, feel free to send prints, information, etc., to my attention at: genmgr@jpi-plastics.com.or email me at: billandrews@jpi-plastics.com.

Also enclosed find information about Johnson Precision‘s new Trumpf LaserMarking System. The VectorMark non-contact laser marking system can be used to mark plastic and metal substrates and can be set up for either static or integrated marking installations. Its outstanding beam quality results in very high accuracy.

Our system offers the flexibility and fine resolution necessary to successfully mark very small codes with extremely high information density, so that serial numbers, lot and date code information, can be easily traced. It also provides for easy reproducibility and good accessibility in even hard-to-reach locations. The high-speed laser marking technology shortens processing times and improves contrast without surface damage. The laser beam allows non-contact marking and is free of wear and tear, making it ideal for marking any product shape.

See Mold Making Technology January 2005 issue page 42 for a great article about Ready-To-Go Molds, written by the Chairman/ owner of RJG Rod Groleau.

RJG has developed a program that Certifies Mold Builders and Tryout Shops. The goal of the certification is to prevent bad part designs and bad molds from getting into production by challenging both designs and molds early in systematic ways so that weaknesses can be quickly defined and corrected before they become costly problems for you and your customers.

These companies have an in depth understanding of plastic processing and how it relates to building a quality mold. This will include a firm understanding of the science of Systemic DECOUPLED MOLDINGSM and how these concepts make molding and tryouts more straightforward and less problematic. Producing what I have coined a Ready-To-Go mold.

A Ready-To-Go Mold can be defined as challenging the design of the mold early, correctly selecting and installing cavity pressure sensors, performing rigorous mold tryouts for validations /PPAP and finally, including a robust process set-up before the mold leaves the tryout. Once you receive the mold it can be placed in any appropriate machine, by the least qualified process tech and who can start the mold into production practically on cycle, making the first shot into production a good part.

I will send you information including our list of RJG Certified Mold Builders and Tryout shops w/ their accomplishments.

Rebecca Hamstra
RJG Inc.
RJG Certification Program Manager
PH# 231-947-3111 X131