Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seeking experienced mold maker

I am currently seeking a mold maker/foreman, for a small injection mold manufacturing company in the Carson City, NV area.
I am looking for someone capable of running a 3-5 man shop using advanced mold making technology.
Must have experience in mold making, mold design, 2.5/3 axis programming.
Applicants must have extensive cad/cam experience.
Pay is very competitive for Northern NV area.

Re: Seeking experienced mold maker

O.K.

I have to ask. What is competitive pay in Nevada? It is different all over the country. So is cost of living. When I built molds in Florida, moldmakers made $20-$24Hr. Which isn't bad considering you can buy a brand new house (2000 finished SqFt.) for $99,000. In Minneapolis I see guys making $29-$35 hr but you can't buy ANY house for under $200,000. New ones with 2000 FSqFt go around $320,000 and up. I would really like to hear what a "competitive" wage is in Nevada. Anybody want to share? Boston? North Carolina? California?

Tom R.

Re: Seeking experienced mold maker

Jeremy: Have you ever thought about subbing out your work to another mold maker? We have a 17 man shop and can be very competitive in price and lead time.