Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
24/7 mold design

Some time ago I read an article about stamping die designs that were progressively handed off around the world, in a sense 24/7 design team, in order to compete and reduce lead time for the tool. I have heard that this is available for the injection moldmaking arena and wanted to know if anyone could give me information on where to find in depth details about this service and a list of different design companies that do this. Also if anyone has had experience with this and would like to share any information it would be appreciated

Re: 24/7 mold design

we tried to do this several times only to find out these companies had very little experiance and i was not about to teach them how to build molds. this was in china and india

Good for you Larry, I wish more people can be so thoughtful about our industry. There are some greedy people though, anything for a buck?

I was reading another forum, they were talking about when China starts building cars. New car for $3000?

I guess GM is having a bunch of there cadillac engines being built over there. Just proofing out the lines before the big transfer.

Tom R.

i would prefer that the market doesnt switch everything to china aqnd india, but i feel this is the future of everything. just like the roman empire exporting all of its manufacturing and becoming a service based empire, the u.s. will do the same.
and the u.s. will fall the same way too.