Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
molds for model horses

I sculpt model horses as a hobby and would like to turn it into a business. I sculpt in clay. What do I do next?

Re: molds for model horses

O.K.

Sounds like the hard part is done.

Find a quaulity inspection company who can "digitize" or reverse engineer your model. They will use a scanning laser to build a database for you. After that find a molder with internal moldmaking capabilities that can make you a mold and run your parts. Although, sculptures will be thick, I would look at poured molds in lieu of injection molds.

Tom R.