Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mold repair

i needed to know what the best way to weld elmax was. we are having to send our molds off to get repaired and wanted to start doing it in house. what equipment would we need.

Re: mold repair

Jeremy
ELMAX is a Powder Metallurgy Stainless Steel.
The nature of this steel is not for the faint of heart when it comes to weld repairs. There is not a dedicated wire for the repair of this steel. If you/your company lacks experience with this or with tool steel in general then it would be my suggestion that it be repaired by someone who does....If I can be of assistance please contact me.

Lex Harrelson
Micro Fusion Technology

Re: mold repair

Our micro tig welding system the least amount of heat than any system on the market today for micro welds where wire sizes are .02 mm -.08 mm diameter. The machine has been design so that it can be easily used by almost anyone in house eliminating the need to send the molds out. We would love to prove it to you on the Elmax material. Please give us a call. 1-866-PRO-TOOL

Pete Marinkovic