Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mold locking/attachment mechanisms

I work outside of the injection moldmaking industry. However, I have a need for a mechanism that attaches two components together for linear motion until they reach a predefined location and then the mechanism releases automatically.

I found one company that has such a mechanism on their website, Rabourdin Industrie, and was looking for others.

Can anyone offer suggested websites or companies that make thes types of mechanisms?

Thanks,
Eric Hatley

Re: Mold locking/attachment mechanisms

This is not a rocket science and your own ingenuity would be your best help.

Just briefly think about it you want to maintain 2 plates to be held together for a pre determined distamce or pressure of pull.

Then just devise a simple locking system whether it be bars or rods or long screws or even PolyuUrethane rubber on a screw which is mounted on a screw on one plate and the more you tighten this the more it spreads ot and then goes into the hole in the other plate and applies pressure and pulls apart the items you want ot open.

Go for it, design something and you'll learn from your failures, it's okay to fail once but not three times on the same problem.

Re: Mold locking/attachment mechanisms

I agree with joe but if you don't have time to retrofit
of the shelf ready to use products think outside the ordinary -gear racks with friction controlled gear function using bellevue washers friction nuts,toggles,tulips,cams which can all be configured for positive, decellerated for accelerated travel and position .springs are as useful as chains
I prefer to eat with a spork yo quiero taco bell