Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Velocity control technique and shear curve

I would like to know more about Velocity control techinique in Injection moulding and what is the source of this technology. I require this information. Please help me with details for my understanding

Further what is Shear curve and would like have some reference theory for study purposes

Thanks in advance

B Parthiban

Re: Velocity control technique and shear curve

I believe what you are referring to is using the relative viscosity versus relative shear rate curve to obtain the optimum injection velocity when injection molding. This curve is generated by running a series of injection velocities and recording the transfer injection pressure and fill time when using position transfer. Relative viscosity is the transfer injection pressure times the fill time and the relative shear rate is the reciprocal of fill time. The optimum is where the relative viscosity starts to flatten out. This represents the optimum since it minimizes the overall stresses in the part and, usually, gives parts with the least variation. We teach this, and more, in our Injection Molding Workshop coming up July 12-14. We also give you a spreadsheet to do this analysis. For more info visit http://www.pserie.psu.edu/cde/pt/pt.htm.

You can also visit www.sientificmolding.com where you can purchase a program to determine your optimum viscosity curve.

Hi P Berithan .
You may also check the following bookstore:
It is cheaper than Scientificmolding.
http://www.wjtassociates.com/page/page/1167198.htm
I tryed to sed you my own but the e-mail was not deliwered and got delivery failure. Is you e-mail adress still the above. If you need future info plese contact me.
Gyorgy