Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for mold warranty information

What is the "standard" mold warranty?

Re: Looking for mold warranty information

I don’t think such a thing exists, what kind of a warrantee you are talking about??

If mold is made and maitained properly there is no excuse for it to break down.

John,

The best information for mold construction standards and practices is an SPI publication. This publication will describe the mold construction and provide an estimated shot life. You can purchase the book by going to "www.spi moldmakers division" and clicking on literature. You will want to select item #AR-101.

This should do the trick for you!

Edwar is pretty much correct, that a tool made well and used well but not abused will run until metal fatique gives in or other weird stuff happens.

I think the real issue that most are looking for in a warantee is the fact who will be responsible for what and when if something does go wrong.

Here I suggest from my 35 years in mold making is that you are up front with your mold maker and make the requests you are looking for and see what their replies are and negotiate the rest, your sense of reality and relationship counts for something here.

I am an American mold maker in China and offer this to all customers, an understood package and delivery and a service if they need it in the US as well because I have a shop on the east coast and have numerous friends in the mid-west and on the west coast.

This is why I can tell you that trying to pin someone down to something where there is no maneuverability is destructive but to come to amicable terms and everything is clear is a win-win situation.

At the end of all this you can purchase the book just like I and others did but the end results are really up to you and this book can't make those decisions.

Hope this works for you,
Joe

the standard mold warranty is as follows:
state the number of cycles the mold must hold up for
and the experienced mold maker will readily oblige
if you agree to let them maintain and service the mold
with a pre determined number of cycles between runs