Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cad/cam software

we are in the field of making injection moulds, blow moulds and compression moulds. we would like to buy a cad/cam software which is easy to work with. we need core, cavity, side core seperation and electrode extract and CAM all included in the software. will any one suggest a software which is reliable and affordable.

nathan
chennai
india

Re: cad/cam software

We use Cimatron Elite. It is a great user friendly software that include all that you want. Have a good day !!

May I suggest a software called Visi Cad/Cam
I've used it for years. It is a fairly inexpensive
package and its POWERFULL. it can do everything you need it to do. and its easy to use. go to www.compasstech.com they will help you.

I also use VISI, yes I agree there is no substitute for VISI, its the best CAD-CAM packedge out there

This is a very peculiar and comical question to me to read as posted, because, Chennai India is like China, in the sense that every software available in the world is to be found there in the "knock-off form" and is available at a few dollars, and I mean MasterCam for $5 or less per platform or for free because your co-workers in the shop have them all and will load it for you, whether it be Por-E or Visi-Cam or anything else and even some that you guys never even heard of.
So what is it I'm missing here?