Return to Website

MoldMaker's Forum

This is a place where those involved with the moldmaking industry can come together to share information, ask questions, offer tips, etc.
(It may be necessary to refresh/reload your browser window after posting in order to see your post as well as any other new posts.)

***Posts containing negative opinions about specific products or services will be deleted if no contact information is provided.***

If you have problems using this forum, or need technical advice, please send an email to info@ctipublishing.com.

*The views and opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily the views of MoldMaking Technology magazine.*

MoldMaker's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SLA manufactures inserts

5-6 years ago I saw inserts manufactured by SLA method in metal, but has not even heart our seen anything about it since.

I was told that this method, in the nearest feature, would be the way of manufacturing inserts.

In the beginning the method was only for Injection Mold and not for Diecasting.

I can see a greate feature in this way of manufacturing insert because itīs possible to achieve a high effectiv cooling and a possibility to mass-produce inserts when needed.

Does anyone of you know anything about this method - please mail back.

Kim Opstrup

Mechanicle Engineer

Denmark

Re: SLA manufactures inserts

I suggest you to read the article "Producing Production Level Tooling in Prototype Timing" in the October issue of

MOLDMAKING TECHNOLOGY magazine (you can also visit www.

RSPTooling.com website to get details about the article)

Subash

hssubash2002@yahoo.ca

Check out http://www.prometal-rt.com

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

5-6 years ago I saw inserts manufactured by SLA method in metal, but has not even heart our seen anything about it since.

I was told that this method, in the nearest feature, would be the way of manufacturing inserts.

In the beginning the method was only for Injection Mold and not for Diecasting.

I can see a greate feature in this way of manufacturing insert because itīs possible to achieve a high effectiv cooling and a possibility to mass-produce inserts when needed.

Does anyone of you know anything about this method - please mail back.

Kim Opstrup

Mechanicle Engineer

Denmark

i am manager of cnmoulding.
i would like help yours to solve every difference question.

visit www.cnmoulding.com to solov your question