Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pfc. Eugene B. Kennedy (EB Kennedy)

I'm trying to locate, or at least find, any information about a Pfc. Eugene Bart Kennedy that served in the 1st Provisional Marine Brigade, 6th Marine Division, H&S company, during the invasion of Guam, Okinawa, and the surrender of the Japanese in Tsingtao China. My wife, and her mother, found a letter written to my wife's grandmother after she passed, from Pfc. Kennedy that not only touched our hearts, but probably my wifes grandmother's as well, since she kept the letter for so long. It wasn't a "personal" letter, it was a thank you letter for the for some ice cream that was given to the troops on a train, by my wifes grandmother, that stopped in Toyah texas.

If you have any information regarding Pfc. Eugene Bart Kennedy, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Craig Flathouse
Corpus Christi, Texas