Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pfc. Roy L Graver Co E, 2nd BN 29th MAR, 6th MAR Div.

My uncle Roy was KIA on 10Jun45 on Okinawa Shima, Ryuku Islands. Recently I have obtained his military records from the NPR St Louis Mo. Facinating info for me, we never knew much about Roy. He inlisted at the age of 17 with parental consent, a form which I now have in my posession, 17 Feb 43. Roy was killed 8 days after his 20th birthday.

Roy embarked aboard the USS George Clymer APA #27 on 14Mar45 at Guadalcanal and sailed there from 15Apr45, arrived and disenbarked 14Apr45 at Okinawa, Ryukyus Islands and participated in action threat against enemy Japanese forces.

Roy was buried at the 6th Marine Div Cemetery #1 until 16 Feb 1949, he was returned home to be buried at Long Island National Cemetery.

The records I have show that he was buried next to
Pfc L.A. Verga ser # 565807 and Pvt. H.F. Price Jr ser# 944363 6th Marine Div Cemetery.

My uncle was posthumously awarded the Purple Heart, the Asiatic-Pacific Campaign Medal & the Victory Medal WW II. Can these medals be re-issued? The family has no record of them.

If anyone remembers serving with Roy L Graver, Bronx NY please email me!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!