Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 6th division, guadalcanal in 1944 - Flag with signatures

Just wanted to update everyone that I am hoping to use a different camera tomorrow to take pictures of the flag. My camera ended up taking too detailed of pictures to upload to email to send out as an attachment. Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to send these out. I was also told by my father-in-law that he has numerous pictures that his gpa had taken during his time in WWII with the 6th. I am hoping to see these in the next few weeks and I will definitely be watching for the names everyone has sent me! Hopefully some of them will match up. Thanks to everyone for your help!

Re: 6th division, guada canal in 1944 - Flag with signatures

According to my Grandfather's records he was at Guadalcanal in November 1944. He actually disembarked from the SS Cape Clear on Sept. 14 1944 and was still there in November. I would love to see a picture of the flag. My Grandfather's name was Lt. Robert Samuel Troxler, known as R.S. Troxler. Thanks