Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
does anyone remember PVT 1st class Stanley J. Cernak WWII 6 marine division

My dad passed in Nov of 2002. He was a forward observer and never forgot how proud he was to have served his country as a U.S. Marine, nor has this daughter forgotten how proud she was of him. He served in 3 major invasions he said....we recently returned many of his artifacts ...the Japannesse writings and photo pictures to the embassey , the art pieces to the mueseum in Piti Guam. When I told him in the hospital he was terminal with cancer and had only a few weeks he said many of his fellow Marines died in the fox hole next to him as young men and never had the chance he did to live a long life. He accepted the news, and with a chuckle wanted to take me out for lunch and a beer. He died with dignity and without regrets...as lesson I as a physcian will not forget. Dr C Cernak