Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
War Dogs in WW2

Hi
I am an Englishman and I just watched a documentary about 'war dogs' fighting with the Marines against the Japs in WW2. I never knew about them and it was so moving hearing about individual dogs and their masters carrying out various operations. The bond between the men and dogs seems to have been fantastic. The footage and photos made for fantastic viewing. Stories of dogs protecting their dead master's body etc brought tears to my eyes. They ( men and dogs! )all did a great job helping give us freedom.
In America you still seem to have strong principles etc whereas here in the UK we are becoming weak politically correct nobodies. My dad, who is 92 now, fought in Europe in the war and can't believe the direction in which our once great country is going.
I have digressed slightly, sorry.

Regards

Tim Perks

Best regards