Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does anyone know a singer in the 4th battalion 15th marines, named Joseph Hooker

Hello,

Just until recently I have never had a chance to know what a great man my father, Private Joseph Lee Hooker, was. He was fighting in the 4th battalion 15th marines and then was combined and was part of the 6th div.

My father was an singer, told jokes, and according to the Marine Records juat requested recently, before he joined the marines he was part of the Russel brothers circus! He grew up in St. Augestine, Flordia. My father was 17 at the time of joining but said he was 18.

My father died of a rare type of leukemia, and was the 8th reported case in the world.

He was judge of Markus Hook, PA.
He owned a gas station there also.

If anyone knew him has pictures that might be him, or anything like that contact us at

Bhylak@gmail.com

610 869 2864

-Joseph Lee Hooker Jr.

Re: Does anyone know a singer in the 4th battalion 15th marines, named Joseph Hooker

My Dad was in the 3rd battalion 15th Marines. I wish I could help you in your quest as I am also looking for info. on the 15th Div. I do have phopto's on some opf my Dads friends but I don't know who they are and it looks like they were taken on Guadalcanal.