Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Joseph Mitchell, Sugar Loaf Hill

Hi, my name's Jody Mitchell Davison and I am Joseph Mitchell's daughter. My Dad passed away almost eight years ago now. Before he passed on, I asked him to tell me about some of the Pacific battles he was in and wrote down what he told me. He would reach his limit and not want to talk about it though. I'm sure you understand. I know he was at Sugar Loaf hill and so I just read that post with great interest. I would like to learn more about where he was and what happened there. I have a certificate stating that he participated in the surrender at Tsingtao. I also have some old photos that may interest somebody. Just wanted to connect with some of you folks. I believe Dad went to some reunions. Perhaps someone remembers him. Thanks. Jody Mitchell Davison