Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Guam 1944 Looking for 6th Marine Division veterans accounts for article

Hello-

My name is Eric Ethier and I'm a contributing editor for America in WWII magazine.

I'm writing an article about the 1944 campaign for Guam, and wondered if you might know any veterans of the 22nd Marines who served there (who I might talk to), or know of any relevant written accounts from that unit (or the 4th Marines). If so, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks very much,

Sincerely,

Eric Ethier
Narragansett, RI
401-783-4540

Re: Guam 1944 Looking for 6th Marine Division veterans accounts for article

My "Grandfather" was THERE in 1944, he was critically wounded July 25, 1944, I have a post above yours entitled...."Granddaughter seeks any WWII Marine who can help with Grandfather's Research".... I am doing my own research and writing his memoirs. Unfortunately, he passed away Mar. 13, 2007 before I was even a pert of the way finished. If I may have a little bit of information you could use, feel free to contact me.

Kathi Salinas
Proud Granddaughter of a USMC/WWII-Hero
Semper-Fi

Kathi-

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, my article on Guam was published a few months ago. However, I hope to write about something involving your father's unit down the road. If so, I'll definitely be in touch.

Good luck with your father's memoirs. It's important work.
ee

thanks....and please do feel free to contact me in the future when you write about my Gramp's unit.....it is my "GRANDFATHER" I am writing about........