Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
6th Service Battalion - Signed Flag from Tsingtao, China: 12-24-1945

Greetings to Everyone,
I am honored to own a small piece of 6th Marine history: a Japanese 'meatball' flag that was signed by many members of the 6th Service Battalion on Christmas Eve, 1945 while stationed in Tsingtao, China. The signatures contain wonderful handwriting with fountain pens - and there is even one Chinese signature. To top it off, one of the Marines drew a pin-up glamour girl on the red sun and drew the divisional patch on her negligee. It is a wonderful relic from these men and their history. I am interested in communicating with anyone who signed this flag or is familiar with it. I welcome an email at any time and would look forward to it.

God bless you all and thank you for your dedicated service to our country! My generation owes you and we shall never forget the sacrifices that you and your buddies did for all of us.

With deepest respect and gratitude,
Stephen Cargile
Jacksonville, FL

Re: 6th Service Battalion - Signed Flag from Tsingtao, China: 12-24-1945

Can you send me a pic of the flag. Thanks Keith

Re: 6th Service Battalion - Signed Flag from Tsingtao, China: 12-24-1945

Hi, Would love to see a pic of this as well. Maybe they can post a pic of the flag in the next edition of the Striking Sixth News letter.

Semper-fi

Karen