Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John M. Cranford

My father, John Cranford was in the 6th marine division 29th regiment on Okinawa. I have a picture of Platoon 23 in 1944 in San Diego with him in it. Pfc. J.H. Cecil, Corp. J.T.Y. Harker, and Pfc. T.T Normile are listed on the front of the picture. I think it is in boot camp. I also have a picture of Co.32 in front of Grove City College in Grove City, Pa with him in it. On the back he wrote the names of the men in the picture. They are: Gephart, Stephenson, Shrader, Rickert, Noble, Hammond, Kirkman, Metzger, Munger, Myers, Phillips, Larson, Palezynski, Ubloff, Lowman, Winkler, Kerner, McGreal, Hall, Bondurant, Sassin, Rukavinia, Eads, Tuscherer, Maloy, and Cranford (my father). Does anyone have any info?