Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tianjin, China

Hi,

This is my third and last post for awhile. Beginner's excitement. To reiterate, my name is Kathleen Bacom. My Dad John Bacom served in Tsingtao as a commander of a (sorry) "group" of tanks. I was delighted to see so many references to Tsingtao.

This is the thing, my uncle James McGroarty (mother's brother) was also a Marine and also served in occupied China but in Tianjin north of Tsingtao, also on the Pacific, and immediately east of Beijing (Peking then). I see no references at all to either Tianjin or Beijing (or Peking). Perhaps, my information about him is incorrect. I plan on doing some research on him and another uncle's service this week. I have a lot of experience in genealogical research, so I expect to find some answers, but would greatly appreciate any information anyone has.

Thank you in advance.

Kathleen Bacom