Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Spezzaferro Sugar loaf hill

I am trying to find anything I can about my grandfather John Spezzaferro. I know he was a naval cross winner and the only information I can find are small bits from issues of “stag”, a green marine book, and some news paper clipping I found after he died. I know it’s a long shot but would anyone happen to know somewhere I could find anything? Thank you very much

Re: John Spezzaferro Sugar loaf hill

Aaron: I worked for Spezz as the manager of the 1980-82 Heidelberg Colege footbll team. Spezz also was an assistant coach at Chaminade High School in Dayton, where my dad was head coach back in the 50's. Spezz has a couple of super bowl rings as he was on the staff of Chuck Noll's Steelers teams of the 1970s. He was a very dedicated man and helped a lot of young men. He was certainly one bad ass marine and with Spezz, the only love was tough love. More often than not, it was exactly what was needed. If you want more info, I'd suggest looking into the archives at Heidelberg college.