Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ANYONE KNOW WALTER H. SCHREPEL

My dad was in the 6th MARDIV. He died recently and never talked about his USMC career. I wish I had asked him. He joined the division in Guadalcanal after boot training at Parris island. I don't think he ever said which regiment or battalion he was in. he said he was company clerk and typed the invasion list for his company for the invasion of Okinawa. He was from New York City and joined the Marines at 17 yrs old to avoid fighting in Germany against any German family. He served in China, Tsingtao I think and was mustered out in '46. I would like to know more about his unit. I wrote here a couple of years ago but no one responded. Pls reply if you have ANYTHING about him on file.