Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help with Division Determination MCAS Miramar, California

I am reseaching my grandfathers Marine career and I thought he was part of the 6th Division. After reading, I am not so sure I have it correct. Can anyone tell me what division he would have been in if he was in the Marine Air Control Squadron 2 and was moved to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, California. He was also part of what I believe was Marine Air Warning Group. He would have been in Miramar California around 1944 through 1946.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Help with Division Determination MCAS Miramar, California

Yes, I can most likely help you with anything you want about your Grandfathers USMC WW II history at Miramar. I was the SgtMaj at Miramar later on, but a SNCO during the time you listed. What was his name, it is very possible I knew him, as I was in the same Squadron for a spell until it changed it's name to MWSS-2.

Re: Re: Help with Division Determination MCAS Miramar, California

My grandfather's name is Marvin Conway. He was a Corporal and from what I know, he was a power supply mechanic assigned to MCAS. I remember him saying he was assigned to setup and maintain the gasoline generators the powered the remote systems for radar, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have his memorial flag and I am attemting to obtain informtion so I can properly honor him.

Thank you!