Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dan Reap, 6th Marine Division, 6th Tank Battalion, Company B

I am searching for anyone who was in the same regiment as my grandfather. His name is Dan Reap. He was in the Marine Corps from 1942-1946. He served in Guadalcanal/Okinawa around 1945. He was in the 6th Marine Division, Company B, 6th Tank Battalion. I am seeking anyone who knows him. Please help! I also have pictures of him and some of his buddies!!

Re: Dan Reap, 6th Marine Division, 6th Tank Battalion, Company B

My father, David S. Hawley, was in the 6th Marines, 6th Tank Battalion, on Okinawa. He was wounded there in May 1945, in an action for which he was awarded the Bronze Star, and authorized to wear the combat "V". I don't know if my dad was in Co. B, nor if he knew Mr. Reap, but since they were in the same outfit, I suppose there is a chance. Dad passed away in 1995. I have his citation, discharge papers, and some other documents related to his service, but no yearbooks. The only photo I have is of him receiving the Bronze.

Thanks.
Jeff