Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: M1 carbine

In my experience - as a WWII buff, not as a combat vet -
who has studied the M1 Carbine's production history for
over 30 years, carbines and rifles and all other small arms were not issued by manufacturer. The ordnance folks never dealt with that - only serial numbers were
important on inventory lists. For what it's worth, a
6th Mar Div in NY state has a Winchester carbine that he
brought home from Okinawa. I've seen it. It is mostly
original-as-manufactured, but does have a few parts from another manufacturer's carbine; parts that got mixed up during "de-cosmolining" or cleaning. The carbine collecting club that I edit for, would love to get a data sheet on your Quality Hardware company. If you are interested, please send your snail-mail address to my email address. Thanks, Marty Black.

Re: Re: M1 carbine

Marty I dont really have much info on the Quality Hardware that was brought back. Just the serial number. I do however have all of the WW2 makers of the M1 carbine as issued condition. It took a lot of searching to find them. Keith