Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day of Infamy

My cousin, U.S. Navy Seaman First-Class C.R. Necessary, was killed-in-action at 0802 hours while serving aboard BB-39 USS Arizona on the morning of December 7, 1941. Tomorrow marking the 65th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, I feel it necessary to thank Dick Whitaker, Bill Pierce, Jim White and the gallant survivors of Sixth Marine Division for their historic role in bringing the war to a successful end at bloody Okinawa, and for avenging the death of my beloved kin, who today lies entombed near Ford Island alongside 944 of his fallen Navy and Marine shipmates, in what was once known as berth "F-7." Fantasy or otherwise, I like to think that the day will ultimately arrive when my cousin might be in a position to thank you in person, in a time when the tears will have been wiped from every eye, and war itself abolished forever.