Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Grandfather

Good day proud Marines. I am the grandson of one of the 6th Marines. My grandfather is the greatest man I know and is extremely proud of his service to the country.

The older I get, the more interested I am of what my grandfather has spoken of for years. He knows the songs, the sayings, and I promise...has a very vivid image of what you all experienced some 60 years ago.

Grandpa (a.k.a. Private First Class Harry Paul Steele) turns 80 on 8.23.05. I wanted to do something special for this special person and thanks to the help of one of your members, I found this forum.

My question is this; do any of you remember my grandpa? What information would one need to know if you were stationed with him? His health limits his ability to travel or I'm certain he would attend your reunion. If anyone can remember him, please email me as I would love to pass along your message to him for his birthday.

I would also like to thank those responsible for keeping the 6th alive. I am a business guy...not a vet, however there is nothing I am more proud of than our service men/women thanks to my grandfather's teachings. Best to the 6th!

Re: My Grandfather

Dear Micheal,
If you can find his DD 214 it will have ALL of his assignments, what Unit, Battalion, Company, places, dates, etc....or you can obtain a copy from the USMC Archives.

Best Wishes
God Bless
Kathi