Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IN HONOR OF WW2 VETERANS / THANK YOU!

My mothers brothers were all sent to Europe , My Uncle was with the 82nd Airborne and parachuted into St. Mary Eglise, My Uncle's brother was a medic who took care of his buddies in Europe and received a bronze star for his merits. And again his other brother was in the Navy

My Dad was with the USMC in the South Pacific with the 11th Marine AA Artillary ,1st Marine Div. and was at Guadalcanal, New Georgia group, Peleilu and Okinawa with the 6th Marine Div. 15th Marine artillary. Dad ended up in China to watch the surrender of the Japanese.

I 'd like to say thank you to all those who faught for us and our freedoms which are taken for granted by some people. There aren't many WW2 guys left but those that are still with us, I feel so proud of. You were my heroes when I was a boy and you still are.

Lets not forget these men who had the hardships and struggles in life who gave us the right and honor to be AMERICANS.

I SALUTE YOU ALL!

I salute those men who also faught for us in Korea, Vietnam, Somalia, Granada, 1st Gulf War, and Iraq and the many wars in our nations history.

Without them there to protect us we would not be the nation that we are today!

THANK YOU GENTLEMEN ONE AND ALL!