Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Easy Battery, 2nd Battalion..15th Marines

Hi Joe , I just tonight read your posting from Feb. I was in I Battery 3rd Battalion 15th Marines gun #2 and as you might guess did the Okinawa campaign and went to China for 3 months until I had enough points to go home . Our paths probably crossed many times . I live in Ohio near Toledo .

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I served in Easy Battery, 2nd Battalion..15th Marines..Invasion of Okinawa 45...I was a 105 howitzer gunner.Would like to hear from anyone who also served in Okinawa or in China after 45...Semper Fi....Contact me at PJP1201@cox.net...Thanks !

Re: Re: Easy Battery, 2nd Battalion..15th Marines

My Dad James Criscitello was in the 3rd Battalion, 15th Marines, 6th Marine Division.
Do either of you remember him? It is probably so difficult to remember names, but I do have a photo, if you would like to see it, feel free to email me.
Thanks.
Connie

Replying to:

Hi Joe , I just tonight read your posting from Feb. I was in I Battery 3rd Battalion 15th Marines gun #2 and as you might guess did the Okinawa campaign and went to China for 3 months until I had enough points to go home . Our paths probably crossed many times . I live in Ohio near Toledo .

Replying to:

I served in Easy Battery, 2nd Battalion..15th Marines..Invasion of Okinawa 45...I was a 105 howitzer gunner.Would like to hear from anyone who also served in Okinawa or in China after 45...Semper Fi....Contact me at PJP1201@cox.net...Thanks !

James Criscitello 75mm Pack Howitzer Battalion

I found out more about my dad's status on okinowa.
"G" Battery (Maybe "I" Battery too) - 3rd Battalion - 15th Regiment - 6th Marine Division. 75mm Howitzer.

Also served in the 29th Marines

Sailed aboard U.S.S General C. G. Morton Leaving San Diego 08/01/1944 - Arrived on Guadalcanal 08/17/1944

Sailed aboard U.S.S. LST 1050 from Guam, Marianas Islands on 09/20/1945 - Arrived at Tsingtso, China on 10/13/1945

Sailed aboard U.S.S. Lubbock from Tsingtso, China on 03/14/1946 - Arrived in San Diego 04/09/1946.

Again, My Name is Connie Benninger from Binghamton, NY. My Dad was PFC James Criscitello. Was honorably discharged from the Marines as Corporal James Criscitello. If anyone knew him. Contact me. CBenninger@stny.rr.com. Thanks!

Re: Re: Easy Battery, 2nd Battalion..15th Marines

My Dad PFC. Donald C. "Ruddy" Rudat served with the 3rd. Battalion 15th Marines. I am looking for information about what these Marines did, where, etc.. I have several ,photo's of my Dad and some of the fellas he served with.

Re: Easy Battery, 2nd Battalion..15th Marines

Hi Joe,
My Dad was with the 15th Marines on Okinawa and was on a 105 gun as well. He passed away a couple of years ago and would never tell me much about his war experiences.

My Dad's name is Pvt. Donald C. Rudat

All he could tell me was that he remembers a Banzai charge on his camp and some of his buddies got hit from grenade scrapnal alsoremembers going into cvs and routing t theaps and aso being fired upon with trassers near the capital of Naha.

I am proud of his association with the 6th Marine Div. I am proud of you all.

Thank you,