Return to Website

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum

Welcome to the Sixth Marine Division Association's Web Forum. Post your question or comment below and answer any post by clicking on it if you wish. (HTML is allowed).

If you prefer, you may also post on our <a href="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sixth-Marine-Division-Association/200771499939039">Facebook page</a>

Sixth Marine Division Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Marines of 22-2-F

Hi,

I am looking for Marines from 22-2-Fox Company that might have served with my grandfather Sgt. Dan Daniels. He was wounded at the battle of Asa Kawa. I have several photographs that he took during the war it appears to be when he was at Guam or Guadacanal. There is reference to a S. Fenerstein, Patrick Lioi, PFC Edmund F. Cierek, PFC William MacDonald, and PFC William Madden. If anyone knew these men or were associated or if they are still alive please contact me I would like to know more about my grandfather and his time with the striking sixth. He passed away 3 weeks before my mother was born, William Madded attended his funeral with his brother Donald as well, whom was in the Navy. My grandfather at the time lived in Malden Mass. If you need to take a look to jog your memory please go to this site..www.strikingsixth.20m.com

Semper-fi

Re: Looking for Marines of 22-2-F

Hi, MY Dad was the C.O. of the 22nd-2-F in the early days on Samoa. Don't know when your Grandad may have joined the company. My Dad was C.O. while they were at Apia. He was transfered out before they saw any combat. I'm very sorry to say that he passed away in Feb 1997 so we can't ask him any questions. Wish that I could have been of some help. Semper Fi to a proud grandaughter.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi,

I am looking for Marines from 22-2-Fox Company that might have served with my grandfather Sgt. Dan Daniels. He was wounded at the battle of Asa Kawa. I have several photographs that he took during the war it appears to be when he was at Guam or Guadacanal. There is reference to a S. Fenerstein, Patrick Lioi, PFC Edmund F. Cierek, PFC William MacDonald, and PFC William Madden. If anyone knew these men or were associated or if they are still alive please contact me I would like to know more about my grandfather and his time with the striking sixth. He passed away 3 weeks before my mother was born, William Madded attended his funeral with his brother Donald as well, whom was in the Navy. My grandfather at the time lived in Malden Mass. If you need to take a look to jog your memory please go to this site..www.strikingsixth.20m.com

Semper-fi

Re: Re: Looking for Marines of 22-2-F

I WAS IN 2-22 F CO WHEN THEY WERE IN APIA
I DO NOT REMEMBER YOUR FATHER
THE C. O. THEN WAS CAPT MARINO AND CAPT GOLDBERG