NWO's Member's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whining (This is STILL just a game)

Before I begin, let me touch on something I've said in the past in relation to this same issue:

We're human. We're imperfect by nature. We're going to make mistakes. We all let our feelings get the best of us instead of cooling down and letting cooler heads prevail from time to time. I'm guilty of it. We all are.

That being said, there's something I can't quite hold my tongue on any longer. If I'm out of line on this in any way, then Hammer, please remove this post and I will speak on it no further unless you wish to discuss it with me privately.

There is a certain driver (I'm not going to name anyone because I'm quite certain I won't HAVE to by the time I finish this post) that tends to, for lack of a better word, whine when things don't quite go his way. A week or two ago, this person even went so far as to call another person a bad driver in a roundabout way. I jumped on this person (said something along the lines of "Okay, that's about enough of that, Jesus Christ it's just a game. Relax") after the incident occurred, and I figured that would be the end of it. But it's a consistent occurrence any time said driver is caught up in an accident or is unintentionally wrecked.

Last night while the ARCA race finished under caution (short track with a good ol' loose setup, cautions were bound to be plentiful), someone said "Good race everybody", and the person I'm referring to said "Well I definitely wouldn't say that".

I hope you all can see why I can't keep my mouth shut on this anymore. I know I have only been around for just shy of a year, and I've only been an admin for a few months now, but I refuse to let someone blatantly disrespect another driver and/or the league as a whole just because they have a little misfortune every now and then. When I'm having to say "relax, it's just a game" to someone who I'm willing to bet is more than twice my age...quite frankly, it's a little on the ridiculous side in my opinion.

Just like the subject of this post says, this is, at the end of the day, JUST A GAME. And like I said at the beginning, I know we're all guilty of letting our temper get the best of us. But we all calm down after a few minutes, apologize to one another, and we're friends again. I have yet to hear said driver apologize for letting his temper get the best of him, even when the person that wrecked him apologizes profusely and shows obvious remorse for hurting his performance. I have unintentionally wrecked this person, and apologized like there was no tomorrow, only to have said person blow me off and not even have the common courtesy to at least say "hey, no problem, sh*t happens", or even acknowledge my apology at all for that matter.

All I'm saying is, we're all adults here, and we all need to ACT like it. We're not teenagers playing Call Of Duty online and calling each other faggots (you wouldn't believe some of the crap I've heard those kids say to each other on Xbox Live).

Sorry for such a long post, everyone. I just needed to get this off of my chest. It's been irking me for quite a bit, and I'm not usually one to hold my tongue when something is aggravating me.

Good luck in the Indycar race tonight, gentlemen. I won't be able to make it tonight, so I'll see you all tomorrow night at Texas.

Cheers,
-Kyle

Re: Whining (This is STILL just a game)

Hey Kyle
Well said.....yup...it's just a game....we are supposed to be friends having fun.