NWO's Member's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Backlash from NRT499

I participated in the NRT 499 this weekend. It was pretty cool and fun but of course there are those who seek out to ruin the fun for everyone.

First off, Matt Vasser is hereby banned from any race I admin. I can't ban him from the league totally but I can keep him out of my races. He intentionally wrecked a fellow driver toward the end of the race. This driver raced 3 hours before he got destroyed by this idiot. It was more obvious than Matt Kenseth and Logono at Martinsville.

Second, there were a few people that had some very harsh words and criticism toward the NRT and DRL network guys about the track and setup choice. Yes it was a follow the leader, bottom feeder, Talladega at Texas kinda race but that does not mean you can be an asshole. I don't have names for these people. Dave, NRT owner, is very upset about it to the point he is shutting down all of the NR2003 servers by the end of the month. So this is a heads up that we may see a surge of these folks coming in soon.

Even if they stay open, majority of the NRT leagues will be banning folks that ran there mouth in the you tube chat of the broadcast. I'll do my best to get some names to look out for. I for one would like to keep that cancer out of our league.

Thanks for listening
Steve Looney

Re: Backlash from NRT499

I couldn't agree more with you bud. That's the worse thing a league can have is people bad mouthing it and causing unwanted drama.

Here's a few names I have determined from looking at FB of driver's that are trying to apologize for their rude comments and whining.

David Day
Andre Fiorini
Isaac Gann
Maverick Morrow

I'm not sure if I will totally ban these guys because they are in their own way trying to halfway apologize, but they will be on probation in my mind if they race in my race.

Again I didn't see what was said or who said it. These are the people that openly admitted it on FB and continue to stir the pot.

I heard through the grapevine some guy named something Fuller was working behind the scene slingin' dirt.
Farley and Franklin provided backup... I've heard.

Keep an eye out for those folks here too. Fuller, Farley, & Franklin

Yup that what I heard too

Man, I went to YouTube this morning and watched the race. I can't agree with you more if I tried about Matt Vassar. That was the most blatant SIM racing wreck I've ever seen besides some of the bullshitting around we do in practice sometimes. I wouldn't wanna race with anyone like that. I've made my fair share of mistakes while racing, but never done anything intentional. What Vassar did was just a complete dick move.