Forum: NWO's Member's Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
NWO ALLSTAR RACE

I would like to see an nwo allstar race......My input would be the top 20 drivers locked in and maybe a huligans race of non qualified drivers to let in the top two finishers.....and then maybe 1 vote per driver of then the 22 for one hard luck award in the huligans race to set a field of 23 drivers..........for one night you can say you beat the best of the best.......no points on the line no 2 wreck rule just flat out balls to the wall racing.............what do you say..........what say you?........my only question is how to determine the top 20 drivers.....maybe a 3 admin vote on there top 20 drivers or you have to have won a race on a tagged night in the last 2-3 months.......I dont know ???? hollar back!!!!!! wooooooooooooooooooooooo

Re: NWO ALLSTAR RACE

Quote: the natureboy
I would like to see an nwo allstar race......My input would be the top 20 drivers locked in and maybe a huligans race of non qualified drivers to let in the top two finishers.....and then maybe 1 vote per driver of then the 22 for one hard luck award in the huligans race to set a field of 23 drivers..........for one night you can say you beat the best of the best.......no points on the line no 2 wreck rule just flat out balls to the wall racing.............what do you say..........what say you?........my only question is how to determine the top 20 drivers.....maybe a 3 admin vote on there top 20 drivers or you have to have won a race on a tagged night in the last 2-3 months.......I dont know ???? hollar back!!!!!! wooooooooooooooooooooooo

this is an inclusive league, i think eligibility should be as broad based as possible. here is my idea for eligibility - tagged members only:

1. winner of a tagged event within the past 12 mos. so that's any winner from the date of the race 2012 to the present. ex. 05/13/2012- current.

2. past champion of any tagged series irregardless of when, you're in.

3. any pole recipient from this year 01/01/2013 to the present.

4. the first two finishers in the 'allstar' heat race.

5. league's choice. admin would post all ineligible drivers the week before the event and all tagged members would vote on who'd get to race. if the 'fan' vote manages to qualify in during that period on some other basis, then the second highest voted would go and yada, yada.

we could very well see more than 20 drivers in this method - but that is the nwo way as far as i see it.

i think keep it around 23 cars .....if you get over thirty cars it would be a regular race......even 18 qualifiers and 2 from heat race to make 20 then one fan vote or admin vote of people who want to race and didnt make it.......a smaller field is more prestiges.....

Quote: the natureboy
i think keep it around 23 cars .....if you get over thirty cars it would be a regular race......even 18 qualifiers and 2 from heat race to make 20 then one fan vote or admin vote of people who want to race and didnt make it.......a smaller field is more prestiges.....

in looking at it, i don't think we'd see too many cars. many of our pole/race winners are repeats, as well as title winners.

But thats who should be racing........

Hard to guage 'top 20' drivers when some people only race certain nights... should a guy that won a race on a small-field night on an obscure short track be automatically included but a guy that regularly finishes top-5 in large fields on Tuesday but hasn't won yet be excluded? Not calling myself an all-star just think its hard to determine.

Either way sounds fun... what mod are you thinking? I'll race if I'm eligible!

with all these sugestions i think we are forgetting that we are all team members.why not let everybody that shows up race a 10% race,take the top 20 finishers,then race your allstar race.but alas,the top advocators may not be there.lol

Quote: DWI-Steve McD
Hard to guage 'top 20' drivers when some people only race certain nights... should a guy that won a race on a small-field night on an obscure short track be automatically included but a guy that regularly finishes top-5 in large fields on Tuesday but hasn't won yet be excluded? Not calling myself an all-star just think its hard to determine.

Either way sounds fun... what mod are you thinking? I'll race if I'm eligible!

My idea has it based off tagged events. The tagged nights have had considerable fields for quite sometime, and with the exception of the Winter series, run the regular tracks.

well it all comes down to what the admin want to do. Im turning this over to them. Fubar was trying to talk to me about it but there was to much other chatter to understand what he was saying. I would like to have this race ....however its not up to me. I suggested the tv race and they made it happen....Im now suggesting an allstar race ...... and putting it into there hands. I only hope we can do it during a week night due to less racers will show up on a friday or sat. The hardest thing will be who gets the pass to the show and who has to race in .......woooooooooooooooooooooo

I think a televised All-star race would be great!

For me the best night would be a Friday, maybe at MichiganBR or Atlanta?

Maybe a Friday in June?

Email  

As for those that havn't won. Hows about holding like a week or two before- qualifer races to which the top 2 or so can transfer to the shootout .previous winners/champs not allowed.

Just my pennies worth.
Dinger

Email  

Setting the field is the hardest part. I just hope the field is small and exclusive as possible.... if you get over 20-23 cars it becomes a normal race. I think race winners in last 2 seasons of each league. these should be the eligibles....

Fubar...just let Cruzn and I know what Friday night you would like to run the Allstar race and we will make the server available to you. Great idea, can't wait to watch it since there is no way I could possibly be an Allstar, (lol).

Email  

Done!

This Thursday at 7:30am Atlantic Time, the NWO/DWI ALLSTAR race will be held at Infineon Raceway!!!!

Due to the exclusive nature (get it, play on words) of the entry requirement there will only be TWO drivers admitted.

A full vote by all Admins has determined the true ALLSTARS are Natureboy and McDermitt!!!!

Unfortunately there are not any admins available, so one of you two will need to host.

This will not be televised, so please let us know who won and email a Winner's Pic!

Congratulations and Good Luck!!!

Email  

On a serious note, my previous post was cruel...
sorry.

Since Day One this has been a social league that intentional crushes individual spunk. The theory has been Group Fun and comradery are why we get together and individual recognition is conceited. A televised race is easy to do and maybe a different theme will work.

June 21st is uncoming. Maybe a heathen Summer-Solstice-Praise-the-Pagen-Gods T.V. event?

6/21 is a Thursday where we get great attendance anyway and Mr. NWO-Roughneck_Ralphy's_Racers are going to be at TexasBR, a perfect TV RaceLM track...

...my two cents.

Email  

And to add spice, NON-tag members would be determined by points prior to the event...

A special super-secret server password could assure all Tag Members being allowed to enter. At the 30-minutes-to-race mark we would allow non-members and I'm guessing we would easily get a 40-car field plus RaceLM announcers.

Email  

ill join u hammer, since i aint no all star either. we'll drink while all star wrecks. lol

FUBAR I think you should have a 22 character server password and only those that guess it should be able to race

Quote: nwo - f u b a r
Done!

This Thursday at 7:30am Atlantic Time, the NWO/DWI ALLSTAR race will be held at Infineon Raceway!!!!

Due to the exclusive nature (get it, play on words) of the entry requirement there will only be TWO drivers admitted.

A full vote by all Admins has determined the true ALLSTARS are Natureboy and McDermitt!!!!

Unfortunately there are not any admins available, so one of you two will need to host.

This will not be televised, so please let us know who won and email a Winner's Pic!

Congratulations and Good Luck!!!

I think the next time I have an idea....as Ron White says "just let it go".....I think ill just follow that ..... sorry for all those that pm'ed me and thought this was a good idea....I think ill just race an keep my ideas to myself.....

I thought it was a good idea and I love you

Everybody is an Allstar.....WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Email  

Quote: NWO-Hammer
there is no way I could possibly be an Allstar, (lol).

Ain't that the truth!!!