Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tips? Starting a Young Naturist Group

I'm thinking about starting a young naturist group in my area, but I'm not really sure how to get started... Any tips from you more experienced naturists out there? Thanks

Re: Tips? Starting a Young Naturist Group

Here goes nothing!

I'm not experienced at starting any kind of group, although I used to be heavily involved in a few before I married and had children. These were actual, real groups, not virtual on-line groups, too. I learned about them in a weekend newspaper article about things to do around town.

It might be one thing to create a virtual group but the trick is to go from that to a real group. However, the first thing to do would be to make a little noise about forming a group by way of some on-line announcement. There are Yahoo groups about given activities and there is the network that this forum exists under, bravenet. There's also something called ZetaBoards.

You have to remember that interest in nudist activities, and especially in nudist groups, isn't that great to begin with. It is true that some people would be willing to do something group related every other evening or every weekend.

You also realize that you would be talking about a "non-landed" group, which is to say a group that does not own or otherwise control property. Some clubs, however, are privately owned. They aren't group owned. Anyway, there is a local group here in Northern Virginia (that I have done nothing with) that not only has a telephone book (remember telephone books?) listing but even has a table at the county fair, or used to. Never been to the fair myself.

There are also ad-hoc groups. Those work for some activities and interests but not for general purposes. Around here, there are hikers to get together on weekends for trips to local destinations, for instance. There is no club involved, just a few people with enough interest in group hiking to make arrangements for transportation and giving notice that the group will meet at the corner of Walk and Don't Walk at 7:00 AM on Saturday morning for a trip to the Lost Mountain Danger Trail. Wear comfortable shoes. Etc. That sort of thing.

Indeed, there are ad-hoc nude hiking groups, few in number, though, and I've never went on a group hike. But it is possible. Almost anything is possible.

So decide on what the purpose of the group is going to be and what you'll be doing. Then go from there. You could even make an announcement on this forum. Naturally, you have to be pretty specific.

By the way, I used to participate in an active Yahoo group on nude hiking and once discovered that another contributor literally worked around the corner from me here in Northern Virginia out near the airport. So one day we actually managed to get together and have lunch. That was well over ten years ago, though, but we never did anything else together. There is an even better and more active forum about nude hiking somewhere on the internet but since I haven't been hiking away from home in ages (I'm 70--and not retired), I no longer even visit the website since I don't really have anything to contribute now and it would be frustrating to read about other people's outings now.

Now what I want you to do is to lie awake all night thinking about this!

Try reaching out to the Florida Young Naturists ( THEFYN . COM ), Young Naturists of Texas United ( YNOTU . ORG ), and checking out MEETUP . COM

I may add some additional thoughts later.

Good luck to you!

Naturally,

Straber

You might also want to try contacting YNA (Young Naturists America). They've been around for a few years now. Even though they're based out of NYC, they travel for events and actually have a few sub-groups established (by people like you) around the country. They might have a group in your area already, or they might be interested in starting one up there with your help.
Felicity & Jordan are the couple that runs it, and they're both very nice people. Good luck!

https://youngnaturistsamerica.com/