Return to Website

SunnyDay's Message Board

Hi! Welcome to my message board! Use it to contact me or others or to post questions and share ideas and experiences. The topic should always be related to nudism / naturism. Feel free to respond to posts from others in a respectful way if you have something helpful or meaningful to contribute. Let's keep it light, lively, and most of all, fun! Thanks!

SunnyDay's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is at-home nudity objectively better than wearing clothes?

Point of discussion, with an intentionally narrow focus: Is being nude in the privacy of one's own home (family or not - that's sort of an off-shoot discussion) objectively better, healthier, more sensible, etc., than being clothed? That is, is at-home nudity *always* the "right" thing to do? My (current) short answer: Yes.

Re: Is at-home nudity objectively better than wearing clothes?

Short reply: No.

The point is, if nudity is to ever be considered something acceptable and not something to be made a big deal of, you have to stop making a big deal of it.

All the same, I enjoy being nude at home when possible. It is somewhat confining, since I can't go outside like that. And in fact, a few years ago, one of my neighbors across the street was arrested for being nude inside his house, because the fool neglected to close the blinds. Be warned!

Although it is possible to be quite comfortable in temperatures down into the 50s both inside and outside, provided you are active and doing something to build up steam, it otherwise doesn't follow that it is sensible, practical, healthier or anything. That doesn't mean that it isn't enjoyable, of course, and not something worth doing.

Straber
Point of discussion, with an intentionally narrow focus: Is being nude in the privacy of one's own home (family or not - that's sort of an off-shoot discussion) objectively better, healthier, more sensible, etc., than being clothed? That is, is at-home nudity *always* the "right" thing to do? My (current) short answer: Yes.

I don't usually say that anything is "always" best.

But from March through early November, my house is usually so warm that it is far more comfortable to be nude than to wear anything.

I still run the air conditioner in summer, but don't have to use as much electricity to be comfortable nude.

Skin needs air to create a healthy skin surface, less likely to bacterial and fungal infection. You can get some air through loose clothing, but not as easily as bare skin. While our lungs are the primary means of delivering oxygen to the body, bare skin absorbs oxygen transdermally more effectively than clothed skin.

If you stretch your definition of "home" to include a patio, deck or private back yard, then you add the benefit of making vitamin D in the warmer months.
You can make vitamin D more efficiently when all your skin is exposed to the sun. By spreading the "workload" over the entire body, you can return to shade sooner with less overall impact upon each individual skin cell.

Skin that has an even tan will help you avoid vulnerable "white tails". If you are very very fair or very very dark, this is less a factor. I have type 3 skin (I don't burn easily) and it IS helpful to me to have an even tan. When I venture out nude in full sun, I want every part of my body to be equally prepared for summer sun.

Regular household nudity is particularly helpful to instilling positive body values to our children, but it can be emblematic of emotional openness to married couples as well.

I relish the sensation of rain, sun, breeze, garden hose water, etc. on my skin when I wander my back yard. It is so worth it to me that having a privacy fence is a sensible investment.

My wife and I have been nudists for over 22 years. We have met many fellow nudist over that time period. The nudists that practise nudism at home as well as at resorts seem the most happy and continue in nudism for the longest time.We know two families that practise being nude whenever possible and are nude always at home unless a stranger cpmes over. parents and kid seem to be the happiest nudists my wife and I know. living the nudist lifestyle at home really is the best way to relax and enjoy nudism

Straber:
Ordinarily my wife and I do our housework nude, but because we did not raise our son or daughter, now both mid thirty, as nudists, feel that we gotta cover up when they're around. It's nothing for she and I to just go on about our daily routines unclad, but once in a while, either of us can be reminded just how vulnerable even to each other we can be.
Yesterday, I was roasting some pumpkin seeds, and she jerked my hand and turned me around and remarked, "I think you touched that and I want to wipe my hands."
I likely had brushed the towel that we keep hanging on the oven door with my penis, so I reached down to a drawer next to the oven and pulled out a clean one for her. If only she realized how often that has happened without her knowledge! But we do need to be considerate of even our closest acquaintances when we are trying to accommodate each other.
At home nudity is generally best, but one does need to avoid crackers in bed.

Can I change my answer?

As a rule of thumb I suppose it is better to be nude than clothed, disadvantages notwithstanding. So, given that opportunities for being nude are limited, then it would be best to take advantage of such opportunities as there are, which includes at home nudity. Now that cooler weather has arrived, lounging around nude is out of the picture but one can otherwise be nude as long as you're active, doing housework and hobbies. But the chief problem is that sufficient caution is necessary to avoid problems with the neighbors, if you have any.